As a benefit of being a paying member of the Babb Family Association you are now able to add your families information directly into the Master Tree.
With about 25,000 people in the tree managing the recent generations is a cumbersome and impossible task for one person to do. Additionally, I’d like to focus my energy on connecting the big branches together, rather than adding your grand children (as lovely as I know they are).
You know your branch of the tree in far more depth than I will ever be able to. Additionally you have photos and memories of those in your extended family that will fade away if not captured for posterity. As your leaf falls who will remember your parents or grandparents? This process will allow their memories to live on forever and be secured as part of the Babb legacy. This also means that the data will be included in future editions of my book series Babb Unabridged.
When I invite you to the tree you will receive an invitation from Ancestry.com inviting you to join in the fun. By taking this step you will also receive access to the 5000+ attached files in the tree.
Here is how the process works:
Step 1: If you aren’t already a paying member, Join the Babb Family Association
Step 2: Send me the following details as far back as you personally are aware of.
Step 3: As soon as you receive your invitation you will be able to get to work.
What to Do:
- Stick to the 20th Century and add photos, stories & facts. We know the stuff about more distant generations.
- Remember that vague place names promote errors. What makes total sense to you, won’t mean a thing to someone across the country, so please be specific by using the City, County, State, Country. The software will assist you with this task.
- Ancestry Subscribers will have the additional ability to use the hint system to uncover documents such as Census, Military and Vital Records. Make sure the connection is correct and then wear yourself out adding as much detail as you would like.
- Know that privacy is of ultimate concern these days. Others will not be able to see your personal details or of anyone else who is living (or under 125 years old). Ancestry automatically protects this information.
- Once you place yourself in the tree, add your email address as a Fact, so that I can easily find you later on.
What NOT to Do:
Stress. I’ll be able to correct any issues that arise from your additions. To maintain the structural integrity of the tree you will only be able to Add people, pictures, stories and facts. I will receive a message detailing the changes you have made and will keep an eye on this in the background.
Using Comments for needed corrections:
You will not be able to delete the information that already exists in the tree. That will be when you come to me to do it for you. Fortunately, Ancestry makes this easy. Simply Navigate to the item that needs correction and use the “Comments” dialog box to send me a note about it. I’ll respond as soon as I’m able and our conversation will be stored right alongside the item.
If you encounter a problem that you aren’t able to address through Ancestry’s comment system, please contact me using the form below:
I look forward to taking this tree to the next level with you!
Daniel Greig Babb